blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two

It's my 2nd blogsary!

I started this blog in the Philippines. Had my 1st blogsary in Thailand. And on its 2nd birthday, I'm in Japan. Now I am wondering, where am I when my blog hit its 3rd year in blogosphere. I can only guess.

rebirth

For the past two years, through this blog, I met some celebrities in their own rights, and it was a rewarding experience meeting them. Haha! You know who you are. This blog was brought to life because of a challenge. And I have to thank 'bumhood' for inspiring me to write about my experiences and personal stuffs.

I have established some online friends, and slowly becoming good buddies. Thanks to blogging!

With almost 150 entries, essays, journals, photos and poems, I believe I was able to share my frustrations, achievements, adventures and misadventures to every reader who know me and who doesn't know me personally.

I have other online accounts, and with the demand of my work for the time being, I can't religiously update them. I do find time to manage them but I often lose the battle. Excuses, haha.

At some point, I thought of abandoning this blog, as well as my flickr account. That's when I thought I hit the saturation point. I guess each one of us pass through that stage. One time, I got a chance to talk to one of my friends who said that if taking photos and writing blogs are turning as liabilities on my part, then I better stop. But if these passions are helping me to divert stress and develop my craft, then, I must continue. And I continued.

Distilling Thoughts

i blog my life's breath
its unceasing caravan
refillable ink

i shoot the commons
framed against passing moments
chorus of shutters

i distill thoughts too
haikus, poems and essays
a trustworthy muse

a frozen stylus
webbed camera on the chair
a negative space

illumination
a duet of clicks and quills
rebirth of ideas

/totomai

This blog may not be updated as much as I want to, but it will still continue to exist. As for the coming year, I am looking forward of writing about my brother's wedding, my friends' wedding, my month-long assignment in South Korea, a coming photo exhibit here in Japan, an encounter with celebrity bloggers, photo shoots and sessions, my visit to Italy (hopefully), reunion with friends, movie reviews and other coming adventures.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Distilling Thoughts!

/totomai
03/08/09

40 comments:

  1. Wow! happy Anniversary sa blog mo!! international ang dating from Philippines to THailand to Japan and what's next? ayos!

    http://fjordz-hiraya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad you stayed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fjordz, yun pa ang di ko alam kung saan.

    @Keith, yes, I think it was a good decision after all hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. wala ng bawian,, pupunta ka sa october
    wahahaha,,, sabi dito sa blog mo hihiihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. hapi anniv mai..wag ka stop, sayang ang talent..at marami ka nai-inspire sa blog mo..

    "a month-long assignment in korea"? waaaaaa, kelan un?..see u soon..hehe..^.^

    ai

    ReplyDelete
  6. naks sabay pa to nag reply o hehehe

    @mata, baka may to june daw. commissioning. kasa sa yoseu haha di ko alam kung sang lupalop

    @dada, oo ba. basta walang kokontra sa uwi ko. uy mag update ka ng blog haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're here...your poem was beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, i like your blog totomai! happy 2nd anniversary! i really like the line "chorus of shutters". beautiful picture too. i like zoom lens :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @floreta, looks like you are abusing your camera already... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy anniv toto! asan ang party? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. sosyal! may Italy-Italy ka pang nalalaman!? hahaha

    Love the layout. :D

    Congrats sa 2nd year ng iyong pagto-Thoughts. :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks. napuyat ako nito kagabi haha.

    sana matuloy yung italy. hintay ko na lang ang sponsor ko haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. ITALY? SIYET! sama kami ni wifey kahit sa maleta mo na lang......... woot! woot!

    happy 2nd blogsary! teka, second pa lang ba? parang antagal na..?

    ReplyDelete
  14. sana nga matuloy tukayo haha. sana...

    oo 2 yrs pa lang. haha 2007 kasi 1st blog ko e :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy bologversary! It's amazing that you've celebrated each blogoversary in a different place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy 2nd anniversary totomai!
    Here's to all your plans! May they all come to fruition...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! Your blog is beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hapy hapy promis mu yan bf ah kita tayo sa italy yahooo hihi-ski

    ReplyDelete
  19. magma-Marti-Party ako dito Kuya T!

    happy blogsary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Penny, yes, Im a bit surprised too hehe

    @CW, i hope so. Fingers-crossed.

    @Sandy, thank you very much

    @Bf, yung promise mo din haha para makalipad ako

    @Doc, haha, doctor ka ba talaga? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy blogsary!

    The poem is so very beautiful, and it easy to see why you have chosen this path. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. grabe. Italy naman ngayon! he he. iba na talaga ang big time. happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  23. aba galing, matutuloy kana sa italy? galing damihan mo pictures dun...

    happy 2nd year blogsary mai!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Amias, thank you so much

    @atty, bakasyon lang. in case haha

    @lav, pede sa thailand. miss ko na din kayo diyan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful haiku sequence! Some wonderful lines! Especially the first one!

    Happy second blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I blog because I write. I write because I breath. It's as simple as that. And I think you've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. For starters - the photo is heavenly. Then, the narrative is lovely...happy blogiversary! And, the haiku is especially fine - love the lines 'refillable ink' and 'a frozen stylus'...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy blogday...? Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Mr. Linky for your page is not working... Thank goodness, I fiddled with the address and found the place nevertheless.

    Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Linda, thanks

    @Amias, i am afraid to stop writing and taking photos lol

    @Anthony, amen

    @Stan and SL, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. happy 2 years!
    keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  32. happy 2 years!
    keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Blogging Anniversary John, wow, 2 years pa lang, I know you are one who had influenced me to blog also, but it seemed to me quite a very long time already, heeheh. Continue distilling thoughts John, more power and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ms beth two years pa lang a. feel mo lang dugay kay kilalahay ta sang 1994 pa hehe. grabe 14 yrs na hehe

    thanks gid ms beth. hope to my mind can still distill thoughts. hehe

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts to distill?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...