blog

Friday, May 4, 2007

Euphorbia


Forget about roses, dahlias, mums, sunflowers and orchids. Lets welcome the arrival of the most popular flower (well, in my side of town, of course) – the euphorbias. I know most of you are familiar with this flower, you can see it everywhere nowadays. Be it in the community, market, gardens, beaches and any other place where it can possibly grow. My mother adores these flowers very much. Our garden as well as our roof is filled with every kind of euphorbias. Actually, I don’t get its popularity – my neighbors (my godmother included) are passionate about them. I thought, you can’t even give it as a gift to the lady you love unless she would accept flowers in pot; it’s not even a good idea to imagine. LOL.

cupped

One time, my mother forced me to take photos of these small flowers. And to avoid further arguments, I submitted to her request and went immediately to our roof. Well, not only our roof has these buds, it’s the whole neighborhood. A typical provincial scene, right? As I begin taking pictures, I realized that they are not that bad after all. I must admit they are beautiful if you’ll just look closely.

curl

I showed the photos to my mother and she bragged how right she was about euphorbias – they are delicately gorgeous. Well, I told her that she’s lucky I can take photos of her beloved gems so she can actually see them. Once my brother brought those pots on the roof, my mother won’t see them again. She’s too afraid to climb.


/totomai
05/04/07

19 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers! I don't need to tell how great your shots are (even in your Flickr) as you already got tons of kudos =) Congratulations. I envy you.. hehe :)

    Everything that God created is beautiful. You just have to look closely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @geo hey, thanks again for commenting. by the way, i tried to comment on one of your blog entries but it says no more space available lol

    PS

    nakapunta ka na rin pala ng kamakura?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really? Thanks for telling me.. I'm not really a "blogger" so I just use Microsoft LiveSpace. Didn't know its memory is limited. Darn. :)

    Yes I've been to Kamakura and Hakone. Japan is really a wonderful place. It's one of my most unforgettable moments in my life. :) Are you from Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @geo nope, pinoy ako lol. i used to work there for 3 yrs. didn't renew my contract last december because im turning japanese hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool.. I went to Japan for only 2 weeks. I travel a lot in my work.. that's why I got interested in photography. :)

    Btw, can you now comment on my blog? I tried to free up some space. Now I hate Livespace. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @geo lol, your blog space is kinda weird. it does have a free space now but it says


    You must sign in using a Windows Live ID™ to add a comment to this space
    i'll try to figure this out tomorrow hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, you should have a livespace account to comment :) Sorry about that, you don't have to create one just to comment. I just write so I can remember what kind of person I am when I get old. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @geo lol, i just did. no worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great flower shots. An interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely flowers, I have not seen them before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine these flower could be any more lovely in person. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never seen your flowers before, they are so beautiful! Get a feeling of outer space, looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link to more info on the flowers you posted as a guest host. These are amazing flowers and so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great macro shot...
    great captures
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2009/10/only-one-survived-at-flowers-from-today/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shot of a beautiful flower - I have never seen this one before. Love the second photo - the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great flowers, no use even trying to grow them here, the climate is not at all cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super shots of amazing looking flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think they're gorgeous and your shots are spectacular! I wish I could see the roofs with these flowers. I can't really imagine it, although you say it is common where you live.

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts to distill?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...