blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Floating

When you go to Thailand, be sure to visit the Floating Market in Ratchaburi Province. Late last year, our group went to this famous market. If I remember correctly it took 1.5 – 2 hrs from Bangkok, actually I am not really paying attention with the time as I was in deep slumber during those time.

When we arrived there, we hired a boat to tour us around the canal. Well, never mind the color of the water, its understandably brown.

Canals in and around Bangkok are an important method of transport and help to facilitate communication between different areas of the city. To this day many people still live along the canals and frequently use boats as a method of transportation from one point to another.

Aside from the fruits and other souvenir items, and sometimes, food, what impressed me the most was the contentment and happiness reflected in each vendor’s face. I bet its difficult for them to do this every day yet they manage to flash a smile every time a customer asks something.

Aside from the fruits and other souvenir items, and sometimes, food, what impressed me the most was the contentment and happiness reflected in each vendor’s face. I bet its difficult for them to do this every day yet they manage to flash a smile every time a customer asks something.

During that day also, a television production was doing some shoot. Too bad for them, we weren’t available even for a cameo role! LOL!

I hope these photos will interest you in visiting Thailand, and of course, the Floating Market.



We stayed there for two hours, bought some souvenir items and took photos like there’s no tomorrow. As usual. Afterwards, our van headed to Ayutthaya, which was completely on the other side of the country. LOL!

/totomai
06/10/08

15 comments:

  1. Utterly fascinating! The wealth of colour in your pics is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Gemma. dont forget to visit Thailand :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. One day, I will visit!

    :D

    guiding lights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that seems an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post,, and even more beautiful photo essay.. i love being able to experience things so far outside my realm when i visit your site....

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a colorful and interesting post - beautiful learning experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful to go on a far off journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. And yes, those smiles are on so many of the faces in your pictures. I would love to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos of the Floating Market always captured my attention, it's a great photographic spot I'm sure.
    I would love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Otto and I visited the floating market many years ago, and your photos show me that it is still as colorful and exotic as we found it them. I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang dami mo pa palang magandang shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. @te moe, hehe, konti lang na post ko sa flickr baka overload na sa photos hehehe

    @julio, thanks man, visit thailand soon

    @granny, perhaps the beauty will stay there forever hehe

    @greenishlady, oh yes, the smiles. i miss the smiles.

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts to distill?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...