blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

31

Sanju-ichi. That’s 31 in Japanese.

Today, I just turn 31. My mother planted a kiss on my right cheek at around 5 in the morning. She was the first one to greet me a Happy Birthday. That particular moment made me feel like a small boy again, just what like my nickname totomai means. I will be forever a small boy to her (after all, she was 40 years old when she had me).

I went out of bed at 0730H at was greeted by my father, aunt and brother. Its just like an ordinary day to us. Nothing really extraordinary though I know its my special day but I realize I am too old already to celebrate. A simple lunch and dinner would be fine and yes, I didn’t invite anyone. But it doesn’t mean nobody is welcome if they come to our residence. I better have this day intimate and just between us family. I will be here for three weeks only, and I should prioritize them first. After all, they are my wealth and fortune. No amount of money can buy them.

Before hitting the shower, and taking the breakfast, I went to our roof to take a shot of myself (I started this last year in Thailand and I am planning to do it every year). As I don’t have enough time to establish a concept, and I want to do it quickly or my neighbors would see me, I settle with this. I don’t want a scandal just before the year ends.

31


While on top, I had the chance to reflect on the good things of last year. After my contract in Thailand ended last May, I was re-hired by my former company in Japan last July. I was able to visit Cambodia and South Korea this year, the former a leisure trip and the latter, a business trip.

With regards to photography, I was able to sell my first photo online, and was featured as Photographer of the Week in one of the Flickr groups. I hope next year would provide more great photo opportunities and EBs so as to continually improve my passion. I still have lots to learn. And being one of the participants, I am looking forward to this photo exhibit around March or April.

As an engineer, being in an engineering design firm, I am taking steps slowly but surely in dealing with job responsibilities and obligations. Though at times I feel the pressure, I know I can do it. I am enjoying this job more than ever. Its really satisfying on my part to actually feel that “I am an engineer” indeed. I just wish for less mistakes on my calculations next year, haha. And to be more confident in facing various clients (no more stuttering)!

This year, I was able to try paragliding and parasailing as well as go-kart driving. Had my taste on driving too! Thanks to all my friends who taught and trusted me while learning how to drive.

As a blogger, I guess I will continue to write more personal stuffs and experiences. That’s all I can offer.

I wish to learn Nihonggo too!

Of course, my family and friends are always there all year long and their presence and support are greatly appreciated.

And of course, I am silently praying to meet the Japanese lady of my dreams (yes, only Japanese), please show up now or else my boss will fire me. LOL!

Yes, I am 31 but I can be 13 too.

/totomai
12/29/08

28 comments:

  1. yo mai Happy 31st birthday!!..

    just cancel out the 3 and it will leave you with 1st, and this will be my wish for you: May you a have a lot for first time experiences next year. I know you are fond of doing something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks chrome, lagi bang first time dapat? mahirap yan gawin sa japan. pero subukan ko. hehehe

    congrats uli sa inyo ni cel

    ReplyDelete
  3. sabay tayo hanap ng Haponesa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... siyempre Happy Birthday nga pala hehehe.

    Ibang klase talaga yang trip mo ah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @winnie, haha inuna talaga ang haponesa kesa sa pag greet sa akin. thanks. kita kits sa japan

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! oo pwede ka ring maging 13 ikaw pa... happy birthday ulit mai! sana makasama ka ulit nmin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. birthday na lang, wala ng happy, lagi ka namang happy hehehe,

    congrats sa 2008 mo, im sure 2009 eh magiging maganda din sau, hehe

    birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @lav, sana nga. malay natin soon di ba

    @mata, haha happy kasi abnoy ako. salamat mata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy B-day Mai. Maghahanap rin ako ng haponesa....para sa inyo ni Winnie ;-)

    Ingat and see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Kuya Ben, sige pagbalik namin diyan sisingilin ka namin ng haponesa hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy, happy birthday! yay! i wish all good things to come your way, tukayo! and... as usual ang husay ng photography skills. MAD SKILLZ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ei, (belated) Happy Birthday totomai! Nandito ka sa Pinas ngayon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @tukayo, thank you! hehe mad skills ka diyan

    @alvin, yup. dito ako ngayon pinas. hehe thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alvin sama ka magpapa-EB si pareng totomai sa January... kasama natin si Atty. Aryo. uubusin daw natin yung pera ni attorney. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, Kuya small boy! Haponesa ang happiness, sorry pass muna me sa gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @tukayo. monday ang dating ko sa manila. dapat absent kayo haha. oo nga vin, sama ka din. sagot ni attorney at tukayo lahat haha

    @mariale, salamat, baka may kilala kang single na haponesa diyan, pakibalot haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where will you guys meet up? Nakakahiya, I don't know who Atty. Aryo is, just visited his blog today haha...

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehe di mo ba sya kilala? not sure pa naman pero most likely gabi kasi may pasok kayo nun hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. my belated birthday wishes to you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your self portrait! Your photography skills get better all the time! And your prose is very interesting. I especially like how you ended it by reversing your age!

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy birthday and congrats on the sale of your photo and your honor from flickr... this has been quite a year for you indeed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Linda, lol, maybe i still have this child in me.

    @Paisley, it was a great year indeed hoping to be a greater one this year. Happy New Year and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Had trouble posting the first time - Happy Birthday and congratulations on the route your photography is taking! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 31 is the start of your life my friend.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks TW and RM :-)

    i hope 2009 had lots to offer to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. sorry john, nalipatan ta ka, nano bi bag-o lang ko to ayo to galumpat dayun sa wayang kay isa man ka bulan pakuribong sa hapo, this is very late, pero, belated happy birthday. congratulations man, happy and proud for you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks ms beth. ok lang a. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts to distill?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...